& TRAINING: INTERNAL INVESTIGATION
Training Program (2 Days)
This program teaches participants how to conduct a thorough and accurate investigation into an employee complaint of discrimination and/or harassment.
Topics of discussion include the following:
- Your organization's Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- Current Human Rights legislation
- The respective rights and obligations of your organization, the respondent, and the complainant
- Legal processes
- Procedures for conducting investigations focusing including the following: objectives of the investigation; location of interviews; nature of the complaint; documentation of witness statements; parties to the complaint; access to the investigator; notification of the parties; solicitation of cooperation; commencement of interviews; off- the- record or “without prejudice” statements; notification of witnesses; publishing/disseminating the outcome; issues of confidentiality; objections to the process or jurisdiction
- Preparing and conducting interviews including the following: unforeseen barriers; interview skills; compiling witness statements and documents; conducting a mock interview; issue identification; reviewing the written complaint; drafting questions
- Formatting and drafting the report and recording the procedures of the investigator
- Recommendations and dispute resolution processes.