Virtually all organizations in all sectors are faced with the prospect of having to conduct an investigation into a complaint involving harassment or discrimination. Internally conducted investigations can be effective, but can also expose the organization to allegations of bias or conflict of interest and the potential for significant legal liability. Moreover, through no fault of the organization, internal investigators often lack the necessary expertise and experience to achieve procedural fairness and ensure that their findings and conclusions are sound and legally defendable. In addition, internal personnel are often working at their maximum capacity to discharge their duties; adding an internal investigation can easily overload them—and an internal investigation takes energy and resources away from your organization’s core business which undoubtedly affects the bottom-line.
As lawyers with extensive training in workplace conflict management and human rights law, The Integrity Group conducts prompt, cost-effective independent investigations into all problem work environments including those experiencing sexual and other types of harassment, discrimination, bullying, and even workplace violence. Our comprehensive, written investigation reports include thorough reviews of all interviews conducted, all evidence and information gathered, the current state of the law as it applies to your workplace issues, a detailed analysis leading to sound conclusions, and recommendations to resolve the conflicts underlying the complaint.
What are the benefits of an independent investigation by The Integrity Group?
- It promotes early and effective resolution opportunities
- It increases the parties' willingness to make full disclosure
- It protects procedural integrity
- It eliminates allegations of bias or conflicts of interest
- It maintains confidentiality
- It ensures sound conclusions based on an expert legal evaluation of the facts and the law
- It saves time, reduces costs, and achieves balanced and lasting results